Advantages of Home Care
Home Care means that you or your loved one will receive care in the familiar surroundings of your own home. This could be hourly visiting care for a couple of hours a week, or it could be a more intensive level of live-in care, where a caregiver will be there around the clock. The advantages of in-home care include:
• Familiar surroundings – The most important aspect of care in your own home is the fact that you or your loved one will be surrounded by their own comforts, their own bed, their favorite mug, and the neighbors they’ve known for years. This especially helps with progressive conditions that affect memory such as dementia.
• Personalized care – You or your loved one will receive a personalized care plan that is tailored to your needs as well as how you live your everyday life, so you can continue to live as you normally would but with that extra support when needed.
• Home health care – A personalized care plan can mean more dedicated time considering your health. The advantages of home health care are boundless. Recovery time is quicker, pain levels reduced, and most importantly the flexibility to recover at your own pace in familiar surroundings.
• More independence – Loss of independence can be a worrying factor when considering care options. But one of the main advantages of in-home care is keeping the independence that you already have, and choosing to get up, eat, sleep, and socialize when you want to. A caregiver can even assist you on outings so that you gain more independence because of home care.
• Family participation – A significant advantage of home care is the opportunity for your family and friends to be a larger part of your care plans.